Monday, January 31, 2011

Puddle World



During our ever-so-subtle winters here in California, the rain is something glorious to us.  We all talk about it as if there are unicorns jumping out of the sky.  I prefer the post-rain puddles which act as portals into another world.  Twisting our perception of up and down, we tiptoe around these cloud-ridden pools being careful not to fall into the endless deep which they reflect.
During a break in the rain, I took this shot of my feet and reflection on top of an outdoor stage platform.  I imagine the piece of trash in the top left corner as the moon  ... and of course, unicorns prancing in the sky.

2 comments:

  1. ...love the picture you paint with your words even more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating abstraction. I got to say that I feel it should have been posted without comment/explanation. It is far too good for that and, its most powerful meanings really come from within the viewers imaginations.

    The more I look at it, the more engaged I became in this complex mix of tones, lines, shapes and textures. For me, the bottom white streaking evoked a sense of an audience of tiny creatures reaching up to grasp your image on some marvelous stage in another dimension. Very, very nice piece!

    ReplyDelete