Thursday, February 10, 2011

sugar and spice and everything nice

App: Hipstamatic
Lens: Roboto Glitter
Film: Ina's 1969
Flash: Berry Pop
**~*~**~*~**~*

This is Amelie.  She is the most beautiful 5-year-old with the mind of an artist.  When in the presence of little girls, I immediately regain that spirit which makes childhood so precious.  I giggle, I stick my tongue out, I do things which adult's would frown upon.  And for the duration of the play-date, these girls believe that I am one of them.  Allowing me access to this fantasy world which encourages dress-up and make-believe, these little women have no idea how therapeutic it is for me to: PLAY.  The reality is: somewhere between training-bras and mascara, we lose that playful freedom which so simply defined our childhood.  This ability to put on a pink wig, tiara, tutu, the most sparkly glass slippers, to thereby convince the world that you are no longer "Amelie" but instead a princess who longs for her prince to rescue her from evil.  I have to admit, I start to believe it's true. 


2 comments:

  1. I love playing with the little girls I teach too..... I can relate.... they are so sweet..... they make me laugh so hard at the silliest things... :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my brother and I would build a castle out of cushions from couches, chairs, etc. and drape sheets on them. We would then go rescue our ladies (Mine, a rainbow brite doll, and his, a Raggidy Anne doll I believe)We would slay dragons, outsmart trolls, cross shark infested moats, and after narrowly escaping with our lives, would bring our rescued princesses back to the castle for some serious 1st basing. ;) I'm starting to believe too.

    ReplyDelete